torsdag 22. mars 2012

Creative Chemistry day 2

OK, so I'm behind on my homework! I'm loving Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry class, but as always I find myself short of time to try out everything we learn in class. Well, I'll just have to do my best!

Here's my first card, with the "blend it spritz and flick-"technique:


I applied Distress Inks Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey, and Gathered Twigs with an ink applicator, spritzed water into my hand, and flicked onto the panel. So cool when it dries! After the background was dry I stamped the Fabulous Flourish (S5449) from Hero Arts - truly a fabulous stamp!

Next up is "brushless watercolor":


I inked up the row of butterflies and moths from the Stampers Anonymous set Papillian, using Distress Inks Seedless Preserves, Ripe Persimmon, Festive Berries, and Wild Honey, tapping the inkpad randomly on the stamp, spritz with water, and stamp onto watercolor paper. This is actually the second generation of the print - I messed up the first one when distressing the edges... Ouch!
The orange background is a piece of watercolor paper with Ripe Persimmon appied direct to paper. I removed some of the color with a background stamp stamped with Versamark and spritzed with water, but unfortunately it doesn't show up very well in the photo..

So, that was it for day 2, I'm working on the projects for day 3, so I'll be back!

Thanks for stopping by, and for your kind comments, they do mean so much!

Anette :o)

6 kommentarer:

Barb sa...

So glad you're enjoying Tim's class, Anette! Gorgeous cards - beautiful work with these fun techniques! :)

CinnamonSally sa...

These are fabulous Anette, love both techniques!

nedergaard ( Lissy ) sa...

Super smukke kort... så skønne teknikker du har brugt. Jeg kan godt li' water colour effekten. Ha en god aften

Angelica sa...

Jättefina kort!!!
Du har verkligen lyckats bra!

Karina Beck sa...

Lækre kort, du har fået lavet!
Jeg deltager også. et er sjovt og lærerigt.

Bonnie sa...

Both of these cards are lovely! Love your choice of colours!